[vmchecker-dev] queue-manager /etc/init.d/vmchecker script

Razvan Deaconescu razvan at rosedu.org
Mon Mar 29 09:38:45 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-29 at 00:57 +0200, Lucian Adrian Grijincu wrote:
> I have no start-stop-daemon experience so some code review would be appreciated.
> The script is here:
> http://github.com/luciang/vmchecker/blob/master/etc/init.d/vmchecker
>
> Răzvan please check the cron/ script from so at sanctuary. I believe
> you're the author.
> To implement the init.d script I needed to change
> vmchecker-queue-manager's args and that required a change in the cron
> script.

Done.

I've added a cron-callable script in /root/cron - in order to interact
with the root enabled /etc/init.d/vmchecker script. It is quite similar
to the script in ~so/cron.

It's configuration is located in /etc/crontab, the global cron
configuration file. Every 10 minutes it check to see whether the queue
manager is running; if not it makes a copy of the log file and restarts
the manager.

This cron-based solution should also be looked upon as it makes certain
assumptions about the hard-coded scripts.

Razvan