[vmchecker-dev] web services specification revised

Claudiu-Dan Gheorghe claudiugh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 20:20:28 EET 2010

Hi Adriana,

>I don't really understand why you need the extra web services.
1. logout
Indeed, the logout can be performed by destroying the cookie from the
client-side code, but in this case the session variable stored in the
server which is associated with the id from the cookie will remain
uncleared. So what I did is to make this operation in a single step,
by sending a request to the server to clear the session variable. Also
the server side can enforce deletion of the cookie so all is done.

2. checkAuthentication
This service makes the authentication process much clear. Remember
that verifying a user is authenticated can't be performed without
contacting the server since local data (like a cookie) can be trusted.
Without this service we would use the login service for two reasons,
which is not really bad, but I think is more clear by separating them.

> ps. You asked me why I avoid writing on the group-list. Well, I'm shy and I have a > terrible accent (which you can hear if you read carefully). :D
:)) It's a great accent, don't bother.

Bye,

--
Claudiu