[vmchecker-dev] vmchecker GUI

Claudiu-Dan Gheorghe claudiugh at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:17:25 EET 2010

Thank you for you feedback, guys :).

> I noticed a few quirks:
> 1. When you click on a homework (left), border is not a rectangle and
> differs in size from item to item.
Actually this is a feature only of Chrome :). I'm not sure how to deal with it.

> 2. font in upper left (test.test/logout) is not consistent (located at
> different y positions and different sizes).
It's true, I'll handle it.

> 3. it's *v*mchecker not *V*mchecker (see URL)
Yes, it's because I've named the Eclipse project with capitals. Will
be fixed quickly.

> When you have a more beta/stable version (it seems stable to me,
> though I didn't upload any homework) we should talk about features we
> should add.
I think we should add more features after the first full integration.
Anyway, the first feature I think it should be a bug reporting
mechanism, since this will improve the overall quality and will
increase the speed of fixing issues.

The main issue with this UI is the browser compatibility. Even if GWT
generates cross-browser compatible code, there are some CSS rules
written by me that aren't rendered the same on all browsers. Also GWT
doesn't support yet IE8 (since is a beta), and they've also dropped
support for IE6 (I'm not sure about this).
So try it on as many browser versions as you can.

--
Claudiu Gheorghe