[vmchecker-dev] vmchecker web services specification

Alexandru Moșoi brtzsnr at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:32:18 EET 2010

2010/2/21 Claudiu-Dan Gheorghe <claudiugh at gmail.com>:
> I've written the specification of the services in a wiki page[1] on
> github. This specification is not very efficient but it is aimed to
> bring a running GUI as quick as possible.

The specification looks good to me. I am confused about
authentication: are we going to use LDAP or implementit ourselves? In
the future we might want to separate tester and storer as two
completely different services, but for now GUI is a priority :).

> We are not sure what we should use on the web server. Our idea is to
> use mod_python on Apache. If you have any suggestions, please let us
> know.

mod_python is one way to go, though I had some problems configuring it
so I had to recompile it a few times (some configuration is chosen at
compile time). other than that it's great. an alternative to
mod_python would be cherrypy [2]. I used both: cherrypy is easier, but
usually for more complex sites; mod_python is more lowlevel and has a
smaller community. For vmchecker my vote goes to mod_python.

[2] http://www.cherrypy.org/

--
Alexandru Moșoi
http://www.alexandru.mosoi.ro/