[vmchecker-dev] questions

Mihai Tabara tabara.mihai at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 23:04:42 EEST 2009

Hey guys,

I've been a bit busy with my Cisco class lately, but this week I'm
interested in solving my vmchecker assignment.

Few questions regarding python, libvirt, OpenVZ:

1) I'm currently using Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Edition. Being able to test
vmexecutor needs OpenVZ installation. As far as I read, one should have the
Ubuntu Server Edition for a correct installation. Am I right ?
Do I really have to install Server Edition, or it can work with Desktop as
well ?

I read somewhere that  Desktop edition = server edition + desktop interface
... ??????????

If I got so far, could anyone explain me briefly what's the main difference
between Desktop Edition and Server Edition ?

2) Which libraries should I install in order to use libvirt ? only the
python-libvirt ?
3) @ Adriana:  while you were coding the vmexecutor, were you testing it on
the virtual machine ?

4) I would really need some techincal assistance. I read a great deal of
documentation so far but a lot of things seem unclear.
Although I'm a newbie in python , I suppose I can handle the language, but
I'm facing difficulties in understanding the way libvirt works over my OS.

Hope you have time for some simple explanations.
Best regards,

Mihai

--
Tabara Mihai

"Politehnica" University of Bucharest
   ~ The Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science