[vmchecker-dev] view-all-grades GUI needed

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 06:48:32 EET 2010

Hi,

As we discussed a while back we need a way to show all the grades for
all students.
This is needed to:
* check what has happened to a student's homework (if we get bug
reports on the mailing list),
* check whether we have graded the student's homework correctly,
* get a table with all the grades for a course.

The current API for getResults is not satisfactory because it works
only for the currently logged in user (it only takes as params
courseId and assignmentId).

Because gettting all the result files just to create the grade table
is a bit to much we'll need two services:

1) getAllGrades(courseId):
returns an array like this:
  [
     'user1': [ 'ass1':10, 'ass2' : 'copied', 'ass3' : 'ok', 'ass4': '-'],
     'user2': [ 'ass1':ok, 'ass2' : '-', 'ass3' : '10', 'ass4': 3.1]
  ]

Each user array must have elements for all valid assignment id's (this
will be enforced by the service)
We need to store them in an array to preserve order.

2) getUserResults(courseId, assignmentId, username):
returns the same results as getResults but for the specified username.

I'll try to implement these later today. Any feedback is most welcome.
Claudiu: how much do you think it would take you to implement a GUI for these?

--
 .
..: Lucian