[vmchecker-dev] vmchecker refactoring done

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 03:01:30 EET 2010

Hello,

I finally managed to finish up the last details of the vmchecker
refactorization.

The era of globals is over.

All vmchecker modules now take a course_id parameter or a config_file parameter.
The mapping course_id:config_file_path is made in a /etc/vmchecker/config.list.

I merged Adriana's and Claudiu's code and pushed it into my branch.
Please pull from me for now. If you think it's worth it, I can push
all the changes to the main repo.

Major tasks still left open:

* adriana's code needs to be updated to use the new vmchecker API

* vmchecker-queue-manager needs to be executed by a watchdog and needs
to be restartable by other means than `killall -9
vmchecker-queue-manager`

* I'm not sure how much claudiu's code was tested with adriana's json providers.

* someone has to setup the environment for vmchecker on
sanctuary.cs.pub.ro for SO/PSO/PA.

I think I'd do a better job at the last task as I'm more familiar with this.
The other are up for grabs.
Claim them while they're hot.

--
 .