[vmchecker-dev] TODO: tool to revert a user submission

Lucian Adrian Grijincu lucian.grijincu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:19:36 EEST 2010

Students sometime fail and upload stuff they wish they hadn't.

Teaching assistants should have an easy tool to revert a student's upload.

We do this now in a four step manner:
* git log -p # note the last commit into the student's dir; let's say
it's f6c906
* git show f6c906 > x.diff
* patch -p0 -R < x.diff # revert the patch
* git add assignment/student; git commit -m "revert missupload"

And another problem: we don't store submission config files in the git repo.
This means we lose the upload time when the student uploads something new again.

It's a good thing we still have the back/ directory where all uploads
are kept under a name like
$CourseID$AssignmentId$UserId$UploadTime$Rand and we can get the time
from the name.

Still it's ugly.
The config file should be commited with the sources atomically so it
can be restored the same way too.

--
 .
..: Lucian