[vmchecker-dev] vbox backend in libvirt

Alexandru Moșoi brtzsnr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 10:14:31 EEST 2009

2009/8/10 Lucian Adrian Grijincu <lucian.grijincu at gmail.com>:
> We can still use vbox however, there's a commandline utility
> "vboxmanage" that can do startup/shudown and snapshot/restore of vms.
> The in openvz, we'd have to manually clean the dirty state the machine
> is in after being run. This is trickier and more so if we choose to
> allow kernel level access to guests.

Which courses require root except pso? What about read-only partitions?

Changing from vmware to vbox won't be a big improvement. I suggest
that we use vmware where root level permissions are required and
something lighter (openvz, or even vmware without snapshots) where we
have to manually revert the state of the machine.

--
eng. Alexandru Moșoi
http://alexandru.mosoi.googlepages.com