[vmchecker-dev] queue manager + vmchecker status = love

Alexandru Moșoi brtzsnr at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 20:40:37 EEST 2009

It took me a while to figure out what luciang suggested

"""
vmchecker_status implementat similar cu queue_manager: cu inotify pus
pe evenimente de apariție de fișiere și dispariție. Pentru a avea o
ordine în evaluare.
"""

I have an idea:

Right know the flow is like this:
  submit unpacks the sources, copies them over the network from storer
to tester together with tests and submission's config. The copy is
done by calling the @submission script at .
  queue manager finds the new archive and contacts the commander
  commander evaluates the homework (skipped some steps) and invokes
the %callback script%
  which copies the results over the network and puts them together
with the sources

I suggest to change the last step to:
  first get rid of the %callback script%
  commander invokes a @results script@ which copies the results from
tester to storer
  on storer a daemon similar to queue_manager finds the results. let's
name the daemon @vmchecker status@
  @vmchecker status@ copies the results and does various other things
(eg. twittering).

First, the change is easy because there is a great source overlap
between the @vmchecher status@ and the @queue manager at .
Second, it will allow us to do many other things with the results.
Third, we'll need to find better names :P

Suggestions or comments? I would really like to hear your input.

--
Alexandru Moșoi
http://alexandru.mosoi.googlepages.com