[rosedu-general] Fwd: Wikimedia Hackathon & Prague Pre-Hackathon - scholarships available

Laura Vasilescu laura at rosedu.org
Sun Mar 5 14:50:50 EET 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Josephine Lim <josephinelim86 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 3:57 PM
Subject: Wikimedia Hackathon & Prague Pre-Hackathon - scholarships available

Hi,

Wikimedia Czech Republic and I are collaborating to organize a
pre-hackathon in Prague that runs from 12-14 May 2017, a week before
the Wikimedia Hackathon in Vienna. There are a few scholarships
available that will cover the return trip to Prague/Vienna, and/or
accommodation in Prague during the pre-hackathon.

The topic of the pre-hackathon will be the improvement of the
Wikimedia Commons Android app, with focus on the "Nearby places that
need pictures" feature. I think it will be a great opportunity for
those who have some familiarity with Java/Android development to get
involved with the Commons app, and to meet other folks in the open
source community. Preference for scholarships will be given to those
who have made (or will make) a few contributions to the app, but
anyone can apply.

If you are interested, please register as soon as possible. For any
enquiries, feel free to send me or Vojtech (chairman of Wikimedia
Czech Republic, CC'ed) an email, or post on our GitHub or wiki
discussion page. Links below:

- Pre-hackathon wiki:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Hackathon_2017/Prehackathon_Prague
- Wikimedia Commons Android app GitHub repo:
https://github.com/commons-app/apps-android-commons

Cheers!

--
Regards,