[rosedu-general] Participare la FrOSCon 2017, 19-20 August, Bonn, Germania

Razvan Deaconescu razvan at rosedu.org
Wed Apr 12 10:37:02 EEST 2017

Salutare.

Am primti mesajul de mai jos legat de participarea la FrOSCon 2017[1],
un eveniment ce va avea loc pe 19-20 August la University of Applied
Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg din Sankt Augustin, lângă Bonn, Germania.

E vorba de o conferință despre subiecte de open source. Dacă aveți un
subiect interesant de prezentat, să aplicați[2]. Termenul de aplicare
este 23 mai 2017.

[1] http://www.froscon.org
[2] http://cfp.froscon.org/

Răzvan

-----
Hello,

you are receiving this mail because you have previously been involved with
making FrOSCon a successful Free and Open Source Software event.

If you would like to help us out again:  We have started this year's Call
for Papers/Projects. See our website for details:
https://www.froscon.de/cfp/ or refer to the texts
below. Please feel free to forward this to anybody who might be interested.

For the FrOSCon Orga team,

Andreas aka ScottyTM

##################################

# Call for Papers FrOSCon 2017 #

The Free and Open Source Software Conference (FrOSCon), an annual summer
conference for users and developers of FOSS, will be held on the
August 19-20 at the University of Applied Sciences Bonn-Rhein-Sieg in
Sankt Augustin near Bonn, Germany. It is organized by the University's
Department of Computer Science in collaboration with the student body and
the FrOSCon e.V.

As its key feature, volunteer speakers will deliver a comprehensive range
of talks and workshops. Additionally, the event offers space and
facilities to Free Software developers and projects to organize their own
meetings or subconferences. The event also hosts an exhibit hall with
booths from both FLOSS projects and companies.

# Topics #

We are looking for contributed papers on current trends and developments
in all areas of Free and Open Source Software, e.g.:

- Operating systems
- Software development
- Administration
- IT security
- Legal aspects
- Desktop
- Education
- GIS

Focus areas in 2017 are:

- "Cooexisting with Bots" - Why can't we be friends?

- "The Rise of Machine Learning" - You Only Learn Once

- "Persistent Migration" - The changing pace of software in the Open
Source landscape

- "The days of plenty are over" - Software Design Patterns in 2017

# OSGeo & OSM Subconference #

For the first time at FrOSCon, there will be a subconference for free
geodata & geosoftware. FOSSGIS e.V. (http://fossgis.de) is organizing this
sidebar event and they are looking for contributions on OpenStreetMap,
free geodata, free GIS software & more. They welcome submissions of both
shorter talks (20 min) and longer presentations (45 min).

# Submitting Contributions #

To submit a paper, create an account and submit your contribution at
http://cfp.froscon.org/. To participate in the Call for Papers, you will
have to submit a short abstract as well as a detailed description of your
proposed session.

All accepted speakers must submit slides for their talk before the event.

The call for papers is open through May 23, 2017. The program committee
meets to review proposals in early June. We will do our best to notify
submitters whether their proposals were accepted within a week or two.

# Language #

Talks can be held in German or in English. The choice of
language should depend solely on which language is more suitable for
presenting the chosen topic. Language of submitted texts and the resulting
talk should be the same.

# Length of the Submissions #

The abstract should summarize the planned content of the talk in a precise
and succinct way. We do not place a limit on its length.

Talks should take no more than 45 minutes, in order to allow some time
for Q&A and speaker transition.

We can accept longer contributions in special cases; we ask for a
justification for the longer extent in this case.

# Format #

Abstract and description have to be submitted as plain text via the
http://cfp.froscon.de. We ask for submission of the slides in PDF format;
other open document formats such as OpenOffice should only be submitted
after prior consultation.

# Licenses #

We will publish abstract, description, slides and a video of your
presentation online and include the abstract in the conference program. We
require that you place your contributions under the Creative Commons
Attribution 4.0 International
( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ ) license (or a more lenient
license).

Unless another license is noted, we will assume that your contribution is
under this license. If you want to place your works under a less
restrictive license, please note so with your submission.

# Selection of Contributions #

Contributions are selected based on their content by a program committee.
Please understand that we cannot accept all contributions. We will favor
submissions which fall under one of the aforementioned topics.

# Other Remuneration #

FrOSCon is organized by volunteers and is mostly funded by sponsors. We
ask you to understand that we will not be able to reimburse you for your
expenses. In special cases, we might be able to help you with your travel
expenses and we continue to seek sponsors to cover this cost. Please get
in touch with us if you have a special case or if your company would like
to sponsor speaker travel.

# Accommodation #

There will be a room block reserved for our speakers in a hotel nearby the
conference venue. You will receive details on the room block after your
submission has been accepted.

# Social Event #

We are planning to hold a social event on the evening of the 19th and
kindly invite all speakers to attend.

# Important Dates and Contact Information #

May 23, 2017 End of the Call for Papers. All contributions need to be
               submitted by this date in order to qualify.

June 6, 2017 Notification of acceptance of all contributions .

June 19, 2017 Final acceptance. We ask all invited speakers to give
                their final confirmation by this date.

August 1, 2017 Last date for submitting slides.

August 19, 2017 First day of FrOSCon.

Further information can be found on the website under
http://www.froscon.org.

Please send questions about the Call for Papers via email to:
program at froscon.org

Contact the organizers via email: contact at froscon.org

Postal address:

FrOSCon e.V.
c/o Fachhochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
53757 Sankt Augustin
Germany

# FrOSCon 2017 Call for Projects #

Hereby, we invite you to participate in the twelfth Free and Open Source
Software Conference (FrOSCon 2017).

FrOSCon is a two-day conference on Free Software and Open Source. It takes
place on August 19th/20th, 2017 at the University of Applied Sciences
Bonn-Rhein-Sieg, in St. Augustin near Bonn, Germany.

The main part of the conference is a comprehensive range of talks and
workshops. Furthermore, there is a large exhibition area, where projects
have the opportunity to present themselves and get in touch with users and
developers. Moreover, we offer a few rooms for Free Software projects to
organize developer meetings or to present their own program for the
visitors of the conference.

We would be pleased if your project would like to contribute to this
year's FrOSCon and thus support the communication and exchange within the
Open Source and Free Software community. Depending on the kind of your
participation, there is different information available to you.

# Booth #

To sign up for a booth, please visit https://callforprojects.froscon.de
and register your project. Please feel free to contact us for any
questions at exhibitors at froscon.org. The registration for booths will be
open until May 23rd.

# Developer Room #

If your project wants to sign up for a developer room, please visit
https://callforprojects.froscon.de, register your project and submit a
proposal. The proposal should contain a short summary (1-2 paragraphs) of
what you plan to do and special requirements. Since the demand for
developer rooms usually exceeds the number of rooms we can offer, we will
choose the projects which look the most promising to us based on the
submitted proposals. If you have questions concerning the developer rooms,
feel free to contact projects at froscon.org. The deadline for the submission
of developer room proposals is also May 23rd.

# Talk or Workshop #

Additionally our Call for Papers has started. We are looking forward to
your submissions of talks and workshops. You can register via
http://cfp.froscon.org/. For further information concerning the Call for
Papers take a look at http://www.froscon.de/cfp/. The Call for Papers
will end on May 23rd, too.

# Important Dates #

May 23, 2017 End of Call for Projects. After this deadline your project
can only be accepted if there is still enough space on the conference and
enough time to organize your participation.

June 15th, 2017 Notification if we accepted your project for a booth
and/or developer room

August 19th, 2017 First day of FrOSCon

We hope to meet you at FrOSCon in St. Augustin.
--
FrOSCon 2017
August 19th - August 20th 2017