[rosedu-general] Full time Engineer Positions at Facebook

Adrian Scoica adrian.scoica at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 03:30:43 EET 2012

Hello,

   I have recently spoken to Marissa Archuleta (recruiter at Facebook,
CC'ed) about ROSEdu and the open source technical culture we stand for and
she asked me to forward the following message (aimed at students who
graduate this year and/or students who have already graduated) to our
mailing list.

== start of quoted message ==

Are you graduating this year and open to exploring opportunities with us?
Facebook is currently hiring Full-time Software Engineers to work with us
at our headquarters in Menlo Park, California.

Working at Facebook would allow you to create products that more than 800
million people around the world would use. With only ~700 engineers, each
engineer here is responsible for over 1 million people, so the impact of
each engineer is extremely high.

In most ways, we continue to feel like a small company. Our development
cycle is extremely fast, so it's common to write code and have it running
live on the site just a few days later. Also, most of our engineering teams
are still <10 people, so we still feel like a startup. And ideas for
products and drive to realize these ideas still come directly from the
engineering organization.

If you're looking for an interesting challenge, we have many for you to
choose from. We need engineers to help us build new features, and improve
existing products like Photos, Video, Places, NewsFeed, Search, Mobile,
Messaging, etc.

If interested, email marissa at fb.com for more information!

== end of quoted message ==