[robocheck-dev] Robocheck - revival

Laura Mihaela Vasilescu laura.vasilescu at rosedu.org
Fri Mar 15 16:56:27 EET 2013

Hi everyone!

This list (robocheck-dev) was first used in the summer of 2009, during
ROSEdu Summer of Code. Since then, Robocheck has been developed during
several diploma projects. We think that we achieved the maturity of
knowing what is missing and how can we enhance this project.

Together with Răzvan, we decided to rewrite Robocheck in order to make
it more extensible and attract more developers and enthusiasts around
the project. One important change is that the new project will be
written in Python (not in C -- as the current version).

We've talked to and engaged to enthusiastic first year students (Alex
and Remus) that are excited to be involved in this project. Me and
Răzvan will coordinate and guide them during the redesign and
development process. Of course, everyone is welcome to contribute.

Welcome Alex and Remus! :)

We will use GitHub[1] for repository, wiki, issue tracker and code
reviews. As Robocheck will be rewritten from scratch, we didn't add
the old source code here.

We will use this list for development discussion. The language in use
will be English (to increase the visibility of the project). In case
you would like to unsubscribe from this mailing list, please follow
the instructions on the list information page[2].

[1] - https://github.com/rosedu/robocheck